10 Best Cycling Gloves [Review] in 2019
Last Updated on
Last Updated on
This guide has been written by Cycle expert Alex Bristol
See full list of products
Check out the results fast - here are our review winners
If you love cycling, one of the most important items you should never miss are cycling gloves. Apart from giving you excellent grip when holding the handlebar, they also protect your hands in case of accidents. Another benefit is that they keep you warm when the weather is unfavorable.
However, bike gloves are made of different materials and they also come with different designs. As a result choosing the best might be a bit confusing. Nonetheless, the best cycling gloves should be comfortable, durable, stylish and well padded. To save your time when buying, we have reviewed the best cycling gloves that are worth your money.
We've spent the time so you don't have to:
hours spent finding
Best Cycling Gloves
Giro Lx Cycling Gloves
Top Choice Item
In terms of performance, these ones are among the rare cycling gloves that will give you a luxurious feel when cycling. They are stylish and highly reliable. The most outstanding thing about them is that they feature a super fit engineered 3-panel design to boost comfort. They also have an absorbent microfiber material for wiping. You will also find that their design is also advanced. Don’t forget that they also feature low profile velcro closure which enables them to fit perfectly on your hands.
Stylish and luxurious feel
Requires a lot of care especially when cleaning
Latest deal: Giro Lx Cycling Gloves
ReflecToes Fluorescent Reflective Gloves
Prime Picked Item
If you are searching for quality cycling gloves that will give you value for your money, these ones are among the best. They are wind and waterproof which makes them suitable for all weathers. They also use touchscreen technology which means that you can use your smartphone when wearing them. The most exceptional thing about them is their reflective element which allows other road users to notice you even at night. You will also find that they are well insulated to provide warmth and comfort.
Waterproof and windproof
They do not dry quickly
Latest deal: ReflecToes Gloves
INBIKE Bike Gloves Half Finger
Best Value Item
INBIKE Bike Gloves Half finger are among the most attractive cycling gloves you can find today. They also feature a knitted fabric mesh and a highly elastic lycra which makes them comfortable. Moreover, they come with reflective stripe which boosts your safety at night. Another awesome thing you will love about them is the extra padding at the palm which enables them to provide excellent shock absorption. Additionally, they have a low profile velcro closure around the wrist which makes them easy to tighten.
Not the best padding
Latest deal: INBIKE
Giro Men’s Strate Dure Supergel Gloves
These ones are exceptional cycling gloves which has excellent quality. They are very reliable in absorbing shock since they have a thick padding for maximum comfort. Unlike others, these ones come with super gel palm inserts which distributes pressure up to 300% to prevent discomfort. They are also resistant to impact which means that they are highly resistant to abrasion and minor spills. Their AX suede palm resembles the supple and soft feel of real leather.
4-way stretch mesh to enhance breathability
Soft microfiber material for wiping
Sonic-welded pull-tab allows you to wear and remove them easily
Hook and loop closure
1 year warranty
Latest deal: Giro Men’s Strate Dure Supergel Gloves
Cool Change Cycling Gloves Mountain Bike Gloves
One of the things you will love about these cycling gloves is that they prevent numbness in your hands when riding for long hours. They have thick SBR pads which provides excellent shock absorption. Apart from that, they feature GEL logo on the pad which prevents them from slipping. They also provide excellent grip when holding the handlebar. Due to the integrated pull-off feature you can easily wear or remove them. Their attractive design enables them to stand out from the rest.
Inbuilt pull-off feature
Not enough padding
Latest deal: Change Cycling Gloves
ROTTO Cycling Gloves Half Full Finger Mountain Bike
Rotto Cycling Gloves have a unisex design which makes them suitable for men and women. The major selling point of these gloves is that they provide the best protection and are also comfortable. They feature SBR and GEL padding which not only allows them to absorb vibrations but also helps in relieving pressure on your hands. To prevent your hands from sweating the palms and the fingers contain air holes to enhance breathability. You should also not that they come with a one-year warranty.
Excellent shock absorption
Finger pull straps
Latest deal: ROTTO Cycling Gloves
PEARLiZUMI Men’s Elite Gel Glove
The most wonderful thing about these gloves is that they have a synthetic leather palm which means that they are build to last. Apart from that, they are highly breathable to keep you comfortable when cycling. Whether you are searching for top quality gloves you can use for cycling, gym or for riding on mountain trails, these are the best since they have a fingerless design. They also have gel-foam padding and loop closure which allows them to fit perfectly.
Gel foam padding for comfort
Not the best in relieving pressure
Latest deal: PEARLiZUMI
FIRELION Cycling Gloves Bike Bicycle Gloves
One of the best things about these gloves is that they allow you to use your smartphone since they have touch recognition feature. Again, they have long lasting gel palm which also prevents them from slipping. This material also helps in shock absorption as well as reducing road vibrations. To ensure that they fit perfectly, adjustable straps are also included. The other impressive thing is that you can use them even during hot days since they have a breathable material.
Touch recognition feature
Long lasting gel palm
Latest deal: FIRELION Cycling Gloves
Louis Garneau Men’s Biogel RX-V Bike Gloves
What you will love about these gloves is that they are very easy to adjust since they feature a loop fastener. They also have a puller which allows you to slip them on easily. You will also find that they have X shaped vents and a perforated palm which allows moisture to evaporate. The spandex material plus the power mesh allows them to stretch easily for maximum comfort. They are also excellent in shock absorption.
Excellent in reducing pressure
Comfortable and breathable
Easy to adjust
Padding is not thick
Latest deal: Louis Garneau
Seibertron Dirtpaw Unisex BMX MX ATV MTB
When it comes to protection, these gloves are unbeatable since they contain direct inject rubber graphics and logos which prevents injuries. Again, they are very comfortable due to the padding. Another thing you will love about them is that they are very versatile since you can use them any sport where your are likely to fall and get injured. In case you are not satisfied within the first 30 days you can take them back. Also note that they come with a 1 year warranty for any manufacturing defect.
Light and comfortable
Not very durable
Latest deal: Seibertron Dirtpaw
Important things to consider when buying cycling gloves
If you are among the many cyclists who find it hard to determine the best cycling gloves, below are some of the things you should check.
- Breathability– When cycling, your hands are likely to sweat irrespective of the weather condition due to friction between the handlebar and your hands. To prevent this, you need to consider those that allow the sweat to escape. Breathable gloves ensure that your hands are always dry.
- Protection– Cycling gloves provides different levels of protection. For example, if you will be using the gloves for mountain biking, you need to ensure that they are able to provide additional protection when riding in tough terrains. For road cyclists, they should go for gloves that provide palm protection in case they fall.
- Purpose – You need to think of the major reason why you are buying them. For example, if you are searching for quality gloves that can keep your hands safe in case there is an accident, you should look for those with a thick padding. They should also be made of heavy-duty materials. Full finger gloves will be the best.
- Comfort – The best cycling gloves should be very comfortable. This means that they should be made of lightweight and soft materials to prevent any discomfort.
- Features– Cycling gloves come with different features which makes them suitable for different cycling conditions. For example, you should consider those with reflective elements if you love cycling at night. These will allow motorists to detect you when you are on the road. They also allow other cyclists to notice you if you are riding as a group. Also check other features like touch recognition and fasteners.
- Price– When buying, you will find that cycling gloves are not expensive. This means that even if you are on a tight budget, you can still find a cheap option. However, you also need to be careful because most of the cheap ones are made of low quality materials which means that they may not last. If you want to get value for your money, make sure you have checked the features and material to ensure that you are buying a reliable product.
- Closure– The other thing you need to check is the closure system. Most of them use Velcro strap closure which makes them easy to adjust.
Why should you buy cycling gloves?
- Control– Cycling gloves provides excellent grip when riding. As a result, they prevent accidents that are likely to happen due to slipping. You will also find that most of the modern cycling gloves have effective gripping surfaces across the palm.
- Protection– Using cycling gloves protects you from blisters, chafing and rubbing. If you love long-distance riding, you should always use reliable gloves that are well padded.
- Shock absorption– Unlike other types of gloves, cycling gloves has a reliable padding system that enables them to absorb shocks especially when riding in tough terrains. As a result, they relieve pressure from your hands.
- Breathability– Most of the cycling gloves are made of breathable materials. This means that they allow flow of air to prevent sweating. Others have a towel around the thumb which allows you to wipe the sweat when cycling.
- Weather-Bike gloves come with different designs that make them suitable for different weather conditions. Some are thick padded for winter while others are made of breathable and lightweight materials which makes them suitable for sunny days.
Our Final Verdict
Just like other sports, cycling also requires some special gears. Cycling gloves are among the most important gears you should always have. The good thing about them is that they provide a layer of cushion to your hands to keep you comfortable. Again, they are very effective in shock absorptions since they are well padded. However, identifying the best bike gloves is usually a big challenge to most cyclists due to the numerous options available out there. To save your time, we decided to compile a list of the top rated cycling gloves so that it will be easier for you when buying.
As we were doing our research, we compared the features of different products and picked those with the most important features you would require. We understand that people have different preferences when it comes to features. As a result, the above products have different features to make it easier for you to determine the best. They also come with different prices o suit your budget. Again, we tried to check the products rating on Amazon. This means that we only picked the top rated ones and those with the highest number of positive reviews. Pick any of them today.
Alex Bristol - Cycle sport content expert
Alex is London Cycle Sports Head of Content and specialises in road bike accessories and general cycling. Alex scours the internet finding the latest product that matches the needs of cyclists across the world. Alex looks at the best bike set ups and sources the newest tech in the cycle industry. Whether its a buyer guide, product review or a general post about bikes, Alex is a trusted source for everything cycle sport.
If you have been planning to buy road bike handlebars, you need to be very careful when buying because they come with different design. Most of them are designed for a specific type of...
The Debate It is universally uncool for any cyclist older than ten to have a bell on their bike handlebar. A bell is ugly, it adds weight to your new carbon fiber road bike frame, and it...
Overview Bike bells aren't specifically required by law everywhere, but in any case, unless you’re a track cyclist, getting yourself one would be wise for other road users’ safety and...
Subscribe to stay in the loop
Get the latest news and updates from our blog