10 Best BMX Saddles [Review] in 2020
Last Updated on
Last Updated on
This guide has been written by Cycle expert Alex Bristol
See full list of products
Check out the results fast - here are our review winners
Owning a BMX bike is a great thing because it allows you to enjoy different types of rides such as dirt jumps, freestyle riding and you can also use it for racing. However, you need to keep changing or replacing some parts to boost comfort. One of the most important parts of a BMX bike is the saddle. In case the saddle is not comfortable or worn out, it might affect your performance. If you have been planning to replace your BMX saddle but you don’t know which one you should buy, we have some great news for you because in this article, we shall reveal the best BMX saddles that are worth your money.
We've spent the time so you don't have to:
hours spent finding
Best BMX Bike Saddle
Acekit Bike Saddle Lightweight Comfortable Hollow Seat
Top Choice Item
The most outstanding thing about this saddle is that it is made of a wearable PU leather and it also features a unibody EVA sponge. You will also find that it has an ergonomic design which makes it comfortable for all riders. Unlike others, you will find that this one has a hollow and breathable design which provides good heat dissipation. In terms of color, it is available in red, black and yellow.
Made of superior materials
Easy to install
Not well padded
Latest deal: Acekit Bike Saddle
Odyssey Aitken Saddle –Pivotal Black
Odyssey Aitken Saddle comes second as one of the top quality BMX saddle you can find today. What sets it apart from the rest is that it has a tear and scuff resistant cover which boosts its durability, very similar to Odyssey’s BMX stems. Apart from that, you will also find that it has a superior and quality padding to give you maximum comfort even when you are riding for long hours. It also features a unique old school diamond pattern.
Tear and scuff resistant cover
Post not included
Latest deal: Odyssey Aitken Saddle
Tioga D-Spyder BMX Saddle
Tioga D-Spyder BMX saddle is one of the BMX seats that come with a very unique design. It features Nicro rails and a carbon shell to enhance durability and strength. Apart from that, it uses web shell technology which allows the base to flex. This means that it has an excellent shock absorption as compared to others. ARC Flex rail support also enhances shock absorption.
Excellent shock absorption
Latest deal: Tioga D-Spyder
Best Value Item
Whether you are searching for the best saddle for BMX, MTB, road bike or a folding bike, this one is among the best. It is very easy to install and has a foam padding to boost comfort. In addition, you should note that it has an excellent design that makes it firm and also resistant to shock. It is made of a PU leather material, sponge and a quality steel.
Ideal for all types of bikes
Easy to install
Latest deal: Furdor Evetin
If you are searching for the best BMX saddle for dirt and freestyle BMX riding, Velo BMX saddle is among the best. It is made of a durable and a high-grade gel saddle which features a dual material cover. Another benefit of using it is that it contains both the side and rear protection to boost durability. In terms of price, you will find that the price is reasonable even if you are on a tight budget.
Rear and side protection
Easy to install
It does not come with a seat post
Latest deal: Velo Saddle
Sunlite MX Juvenile Saddle
Sunlight MX Juvenile Saddle is a great option for anyone in need of a comfortable and affordable BMX saddle. You will find that it is highly padded to boosts your comfort. Again, it is available in three different colors which includes white, black and purple. In terms of installation, you won’t have any problem due to its user friendly design that makes it easy to install. Don’t forget that it also comes with a waterproof vinyl material.
Waterproof vinyl material
Easy to install
Doesn’t come with a seatpost
Latest deal: Sunlite MX Juvenile Saddle
Hamimelon Mountain MTB BMX Extra Comfort Saddle
Prime Picked Item
This one is another reliable saddle which is suitable for all types of bikes. It has an ergonomic design which means that it leaves enough space between the saddle and the legs. You should also note that it provides excellent shockproof and it is also firm. In terms of design, you will find that it has an outstanding stylish and streamlined bicycle saddle design which provides maximum comfort.
Easy to install
Latest deal: Hamimelon Comfort Saddle
Black Ops MX/Free Style BMX Saddle, Black
If you love street riding or dirt jumping, this one will be a suitable option. It has a classic design that meets the demands of BMX riders who want their bikes to have a stylish look. Again, it has a more compact design as compared to others which means that it keeps it low when riding. The material used is highly durable and it is able to withstand abuse. It also comes with 9mm rails to provide extra strength.
9mm rails to boost strength
Stylish and compact design
Latest deal: Black Ops Saddle
Saddle BK-OPS BMX 2984 Padde D BLK
This one is among the most popular BMX saddles from Black Ops. It has a sleek design and a drop nose style design which gives it a stylish look. The top is well padded to boost durability and comfort. Unlike others, this saddle comes with a wraparound composite base which prevents cuts and abrasions. This means that it is very safe. Another thing is that it comes with 8mm rails to boost strength.
Long lasting and well padded top
Drop nose design
Wrap around composite base prevents abrasion
It comes with all the necessary accessories
Latest deal: Saddle BK-OPS BMX
Cycle Group Box Echelon Saddle Large 27.2
Cycle Group Box Echelon is not a saddle for the average rider. Due to its unique design, it is the best for BMX racing. The design features a carbon fiber seat post and a co-molded nylon shell. Additionally, it comes with lightweight foam padding and an abrasion resistant cloth cover to provide maximum comfort. You will also find that it has a conveniently reduced profile which makes it easy to use for BMX racing.
Available in different colors
Abrasion resistant cover
Only suitable for racing
Latest deal: Cycle Group Box Echelon Saddle
Key things to check when buying BMX Saddles
Searching for the best BMX saddle requires you to be very careful. Otherwise, you might end up with a low quality product if you are not sure of what you are looking for. To make your work easier, you should consider the following things when comparing the different BMX saddles.
- Materials– You will find that most of the BMX saddles are made of a moulded hard plastic which features a polyurethane foam. This foam is usually covered by a synthetic or a leather material. In terms of durability, leather covers are the best. This material is also comfortable but expensive. In case you are searching for a cheaper option, synthetics such as nylon will be the best. Nylon is also durable and tough but not as comfortable as leather.
- Width – BMX saddles comes with different widths. Some are slim others have a mid-width while the rest are fat. Slim saddles are the best for race riders because their sides do not sag or brush against your clothes or legs while riding. On the other hand, fat seats are suitable for jump riders because they provide a large surface area for grip. Mid width are the best for street and freestyle riders.
- Post diameter– In case you are buying an integrated saddle, you need to ensure that it has a diameter of 22.4mm because that is the standard size for top tubes.
- Comfort – This one is another important thing you should never overlook. In case the saddle is not comfortable, you may not be able to enjoy your rides. You should ensure that it is well padded.
- Bumper– A seat with a bumper is the best because it protects you from impact and shock. Most of the BMX saddle comes with a plastic or Kevlar bump on the nose part or the sides. The work of this bump is to neutralize all impacts.
- Type – BMX saddles are available in different types. Before buying, you must be very sure about the type of saddles you are looking for. Below are the common types of BMX saddles.
- Integrated– This one is the common type and it is characterized by a sea post and a seat which are joined together as one unit. It is not possible to separate the two.
- Standard – Standard saddles comes with a metal pipe that slides into the frame of the BMX seat. The saddle is usually bolted on top using a clamp. You can easily find this type on the traditional or older BMX bikes.
- Railed– It is not easy to differentiate between railed, road bike and MTB saddles because they have a similar design. These saddles usually contain two rails below the saddle and a twin bolt clamp on the seat post
- Pivotal – Pivotal saddle has a unique design where the seat post is usually molded sing different series of adjustment grooves where the saddle is placed. The saddle and the adjustment grooves are joined together by a singular bolt which passes through the top of the seat.
- Tripod – These saddles features a triangular plate which is located on top of the seat post. Three bolts then secure the triangular plate.
How to maintain BMX Saddles
Leather BMX seats are always the best in terms of comfort and durability. However, if you do not know the best way to take care of them, they may not last. Below are some of the things you should do to your leather saddles.
- When cleaning, use a damp cloth or a brush. You should scrub the top and the bottom part gently and then allow it to dry completely.
- After cleaning, apply a leather conditioner on the saddle and also apply a thin layer of the leather conditioner on the bottom part.
- Allow the conditioner to soak in and then rub the top carefully using a clean piece of cloth or rag.
- Repeat the conditioning after one or two months.
- You should also put the saddle in a cool and dry place. Moisture, heat and exposing the seat to direct sunlight may affect the durability of the seat.
- After using the saddle for a long time, it becomes loose at some point. What you need to do when this happens is to tighten the bolt that is located on the nose of the saddle using an adjustable wrench.
The Final Verdict
If you have been planning to replace your BMX saddle with a new one, those are the best products you should consider. You will find that all the BMX saddles we have reviewed in this article are made of quality materials to boost comfort and durability. Along with other parts on a BMX such as frames, BMX forks and BMX stems, there are always products to suit your budget. We strive to ensure that we provide only the best products that will give our reader value for their money, if you check the features of the above products, you will find that they have everything you would expect from a quality BMX saddle. Don’t forget that we only picked the top rated products on Amazon.
Alex Bristol - Cycle sport content expert
Alex is London Cycle Sports Head of Content and specialises in road bike accessories and general cycling. Alex scours the internet finding the latest product that matches the needs of cyclists across the world. Alex looks at the best bike set ups and sources the newest tech in the cycle industry. Whether its a buyer guide, product review or a general post about bikes, Alex is a trusted source for everything cycle sport.
Determining the correct size of the handlebars may not be very easy. In most cases, it depends on personal preferences and other factors like your height, type of bike, riding style,...
One of the best ways to give your road bike a new look is by changing the handlebar tape. However, this process can be a bit challenging especially if you have never done it before. To make...
Bicycles are vehicles Cyclists are protected by many laws, and other vehicle drivers have to respect them to ensure bikers' safety on the road. In the same way and for the same reason,...